Rishikul Yogshala Case Study
A Yoga School Generating More Than 425,568 Organic Visitors in 7 Months
Rishikul Yogshala, yoga school in Rishikesh has been guiding and nurturing students to unfold their spiritual self through a life led by simplicity, compassion and service. They are a team of spiritually focused individuals working with the purpose to reach out the science of health and wellness across the globe with their certified yoga teacher training programs and specialized yoga, meditation and spirituality retreats.
Running a successful yoga school in a place like Rishikesh (Yoga Capital of the World) isn’t that easy. For that, not only do you need a good location, knowledgeable teachers, well-thought out curriculum and supportive staff but also a reliable online presence through a website. On top of that, your website should have good search visibility so that it becomes easy for people to find your brand online.
Here is the case study of RishikulYogshala, a yoga school that started in 2010 and positioned themselves as one of the top Yoga Schools in Rishikesh. There were lots of challenges that we faced here at Digital Marketing Soul to position this yoga brand in the market but our team’s hard work and dedication made it possible.
Current Statistics’ : Ahrefs Overview Report
Challenges we faced in the beginning
When we took the project, we did our analysis and found out that there were plenty of SEO mistakes and also the websitewas not mobile friendly. The user experience wasn’t up to the mark, content was poor, images were not optimized, site speed was way too slow and navigation was dreadful. RishikulYogshala got in touch with us and we explained the issues to them.
What was our Action Plan?
1. Website Audit
First, we started with the website audit and worked from header to footer to make the website user friendly for the users. Here are some key points that we tweaked during the website audit:
- Website navigation & structure:We tweaked the navigation and structure of the website so that users could navigate the site easily and find the information they are looking for.
- Speed up Website: We worked with the development team and notified them of the issues as to why the website was taking so much time to load. They optimized the website and the website speed was improved.
- Website Content: In the beginning, the website content was poor and some part of the website didn’t have original content. We worked with the content team and removed all the content that was not appropriate and our content team wrote a fresh copies that were updated on the website.
- Optimize for Conversions:It does not matter how good your website is and how much traffic you are receiving if the website is not optimized for conversion. There were no CTA’s (Call to Action) available on the website. So we added the CTA’s accordingly and optimized the pages for conversion.
- Optimized For SEO: Taking the inputs from Competitor Analysis and keyword research that we will discuss later in the post, we tweaked Meta tags, placed the keywords in the webpage strategically so that our audience searching for the courses, are able to find the courses on RishikulYogshala.
2. Competitor Analysis
We did a comprehensive competitor analysis by analyzing competitor’s websites, keywords they were ranking for, backlinks they earned, comprehensiveness of the content they have put on their website and blog pages and what paid strategy they were utilizing to promote their brand in the market.
3. Keyword Research
After getting some keywords from the competitor analysis, we moved forward to find out handful of keywords by Using Google Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest, Google Auto complete, etc to target Service and Blog pages. We also find out some untapped keywords by using Industry best tools and techniques that gave us an initial boost. This how our service page keyword research sheet was look like-
4. On Page SEO
After doing a comprehensive keyword research, we did on page optimization by tweaking the Meta tags, URLs, website copy, headings and sub headings, trust factors, internal and external links, social share and many more. We also optimized website site speed and User experience to make thing easier for users. We optimized each and every page around the keywords we wanted to rank for and improved the EAT significantly.
5. Email Outreach
We did email outreach to industry to more than 10K niche bloggers, magazines , media publication houses and influencers and collaborated with them to build more than thousands of high quality backlinks to important pages. Here are the screenshot from Ahrefs –
Here are few web mentions from top yoga blogs & magazines –
6. Branding and Press Release
We published more than 10 press releasesacross the world’s best press release websites like – PR News Wire, etc. to reach a bigger audience and make them notice the brand name. It boostedthe brand awareness and established Rishikul Yogshala as one of the major yoga brands in the market.
Here is an example for reference
We also listed Rishikul Yogshala on platform like Book retreats.com and Bookyogaretreats.com
7. Social Media
We leveraged the power of social media to connect with our audience. Publishing useful contents constantly that people loved to read and strategic use of images helped us get the more than 10K followers on Facebook and 6460 followers on Instagram. They also send referral traffic to Rishikul Yogshala that generates leads and conversions.
8. Paid Promotion
Apart from Influencer collaboration, we also ran several paid campaigns on Google ads and Facebook to generate leads and boost brand awareness. As Rishikul Yogshala was gradually becoming a brand, Google ads works great for us for lead generation and Facebook and Instagram boost our brand awareness among the yoga community.
Keynote – Instagram is a key platform where almost all the yogis are available and this platform is heavily used by yoga community.
Apart from whopping amount of traffic we delivered to Rishikul Yogshala that generates more than 1500 leads as you can see below-
And ranked on more than 10K keyword in the search results. Here are few of them-